Monday, January 18, 2010

my year of growth through change

i have decided to try and focus on the silver lining that must be following this storm cloud. i will trust that it will come, as they always do, in a time and space that is least expected.

i have decided that god has dreamt a bigger dream for all of us then i could ever imagine (thanks Oprah) and that i must trust that god knows what he is doing and all will be well.

i have decided that the serenity prayer must be my new mantra. that i must accept that which i can not change, change what i can and pray, pray, pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

i have decided to not lie to them. to be as honest as possible and not sugar coat, gloss over, or pretend about one damn thing. though it might kill me to not be able to say to them ever again that you will always be safe, feed, and sheltered i just can't say things like that in truth any longer. i do not know that it is true.

i have decided that we will all grow, some way, some how through all this change and transition. i pray that it will make us all stronger.

i have decided to create a to-do list, or a to-distract list, to keep myself busy through this time.

1) finish my foster parent classes and sign-up for more
2) FINISH my bachelors/masters combined program
3) use above degree to help others learn to heal themselves
4) listen to my body and give her what she needs to stay strong
5) stop listening to my cravings/soul soothings to help me keep up with #4
6) think before i spend money and try to spend wisely
7) be mindfully grateful by actually completing the journal i bought for this year (instead of ignoring it just like all the journals i bought each year before)
8) keep in touch. with friends. with family. keep connected to those who connect me to love and light.
9) finally get started on the remodeling/fixing up'ing of this house
10) move more. do more. be more.

i have decided that my list may seem big, lofty, dreamy but it's mine and only i can reach/ignore my potential. i can potentially do all that is on my list - almost all of them daily. i hope #8 will help keep me in check. feel free to ask about my progress, i can always use the support.

i have decided that this year of growth through change may be the hardest year i ever live. we ever live. but each day gives us the opportunity to find our truth, to love, to be loved. i just hope that's enough to see us through.

No comments: