Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 A Pill Odysey

i just got out of the hospital. for the 2nd time in less then two months! how can i possibly be this unhealthy at the ripe young age of 31. i'm on bp medicine, thyroid medicine, two allergy medicines, 2 inhalers, a nebulizer, pain pills for migraines, steroids, antibiotics and the occasional xannix to calm me down when i get overwhelmed by all the other freaking pills!!!! i have to see a pumuologist (sp), a neurologist, an allergist, and have a sleep study. all this month. not too mention lose weight, eat less then 2000 mg of sodium per day (dude, when did sodium sneak into EVERYTHING!!). all while raising two wonderful (but def have our hands full) kids and being the best wife i can be. and dealing with all the bullshit that seems to come along with the foster care system. and still try to figure out how to work full time. and clean house. and clothes. and cook. ok, i think i just felt my bp raise! even after a DOUBLE dose of meds!

not too mention i'm still trying to find the spiritual side of myself again, the calm reiki master living in me. the person who knows how to heal myself holistically but just won't give herself enough time to sit down and figure out how to do it!

pills are easier. allopathic, it's easier. in short term. i can only imagine what these meds are doing to the rest of my systems! perhaps i need to find my way to a nice sweat lodge. that sounds really good right about now.

today though, i'm gonna have to just settle for a nap and a double dose of steroids.

1 comment:

girlysmack said...

I am glad you are home again. I wish I could be all natural and holistic too but pills are so much faster. Plus sometimes they knock you out and that is just so lovely... zzzzzz