Sunday, February 8, 2009

and two became, um, still two!

so the young ones have their own bedrooms. it feels like it took forever and all the fears we had have melted away. these two have never slept alone before. ever. either they were surrounded by their whole family in their two bed motel-homes or snuggled close to their siblings in rooms their shared. they now have their own dressers, closets, book cases, toy boxes. everything is theirs, and theirs alone. i can't imagine what that must really feel like. i know what it looks like - the kids are positively radiant. glowing with pride and bursting at the seams with joy over their separateness.

we were so afraid they would be sad to be alone. and this could just be a honeymoon. but we've talked about it for months. practiced alone times. allowed them to be a part of the cleaning, moving, transition.

my little lady is a princess. she can priss and prance like no one i've seen. and if anyone thought i was the world's biggest drama queen, well they haven't met my daughter. but today, you would think she was a queen. and for today, she is - well of her room anyway!

1 comment:

girlysmack said...

That is so wonderful! Hooray!

Your last post moved me so much, I didn't know what to say. I wanted to post a comment, but words failed me. I am so proud of all 4 of you and I just love you all so much. What an incredible family...