Tuesday, November 4, 2008

please god let him win...

i am on pins and needles. and trying my best to sleep the day away. i can't take it. i feel like i have PTSD from the last two elections this country was forced to go through. not to mention i woke up to a wonderful support message from myself automatically posted on facebook giving mccain my support. WHAT!?!?!?! i soooooo did not choose mccain in their little "donate your status" thing, how and why that happened i do not know. and it literally made me sick to my stomach to see my name supporting his.

i am trying desperately to be positive. positive that obama will win. positive that warner will win (along with all the other democrats we need in the house/senate). positive that this country will get back on it's feet and finally be hope filled for change. positive that californians will vote NO on prop 8. positive.

i know today was very emotional for me as we were accompanied to the polls by the two cutest kids on the planet. both of whom were in awe of the voting process and couldn't seem to wait til they were 18. then i became emotional because i wonder if they go home, will an election season even matter in their house. when they don't even have food, why would they care who's president. will their mom and dad (both of whom have served time for felonies) even be able to vote. have they ever voted?

i don't think there's much sleep in the near future for me. that is one thing i am 100% positive of!

No comments: